Whale of Hope allows the use of volunteers and considers it a blessing to have someone volunteer their time. Volunteers must meet the following requirements below.
- Complete application for volunteering;
- Must have a face to face interview for a clear assessment;
- Submit a driving record check if he/she will be used to transport children;
- Review of at least two references; if the volunteer has previous child caring experience or fostering/adopting experience, agency/employer references must be obtained;
- Complete agency Orientation an annual training
- All volunteers must meet the same pre –employment requirements as an employee who performs that function to include drug testing, tuberculosis testing, current CPR and 1st aid, and background check which will be documented and maintained using the record-keeping policy.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- Volunteers have the responsibility to treat all patients with respect and dignity.
- Volunteers may participate with youth only as assigned by staff. They may not see youth after discharge. Volunteers cannot give their telephone numbers or addresses to youth.
- Volunteers may accompany staff and youth on outings.
- Volunteers have the responsibility to use discretion in disclosing information about themselves to youth.
- A volunteer, a volunteer’s family, or a sponsoring family may not take a child in care for an overnight or weekend visit.
To start the process of becoming a volunteer. Please review the requirements and contact whale of hope at email@example.com.
To become a volunteer please complete the form below.